Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

RC-10 Classic Build Thread

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Yeah, I'm going to start my thread a bit early. About 2.5 months early anyway.

We'll start with an introduction. My name is Ryan and I live in southern CA. In 1987, I was fortunate enough to get a RC-10 for Christmas. It had the wiper speed control and my Dad's Futaba Magnum Sr. radio. I ran that poor thing into the ground over the next many years. It just ran and ran. Loved that car. Several years later, it was stolen out of the garage. Our home owner's insurance covered it and it financed two new RC-10T Team Trucks with all the fixings. 

Since then, I've always wanted another RC-10, but just never got to it. New in box prices were crazy. When word of the re-release came out, I patiently waited for info. I was glued to the thread here, reading all of the speculation. As soon as Tower Hobbies had it available for pre-order, I jumped on it and bought one. The following day, I bought a second (to save as a new in box and sell later).


I intend for my RC-10 be be a runner. The initial plan was for it to just be something I would drive around in front of the house, at the park and maybe at the track. Box stock. Just like I did as a kid. But this place is addicting and has way too much knowledge and I've been reading. A LOT. Now, I think I want to do some vintage racing with it. Nothing hardcore, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment